Are you ready for some fantasy football? Back in 1977 Elton John performed a hit song, “Are you Ready for Love.” We could be singing now and just substituting two words, fantasy football, for love. After all, love and fantasy football are synonymous to most of us.
Here we are in the middle of July and it has been almost seven months since our 2017 fantasy football games were played. I have been a big proponent that when it comes to fantasy football, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Over the next several months, Big Guy Fantasy Sports will be providing you with our insights on fantasy football and how to win championships. You are visiting our website while you read this article. Please accept my invitation to look around at some of the other articles and information available. Here are some key links to free information (unless noted otherwise $$$) that you may want to bookmark for future reference:
- BGFS—general link: https://bigguyfantasysports.com/
Under the football tab at the top of the web page, you can find not only back copies of my articles, but also some interesting articles about Bob Lung’s consistency theory. Personally, I would rather draft players with a ranking created on a mathematical basis by a CPA, than using ADP, an average of how people (consisting of newbies playing the game up to expert levels) make their selections.
- BGFS—2016 article from 2016 on how to improve your team with consistency:
Daily fantasy football news sources:
- Rotowire: https://www.rotowire.com/football/
- ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/
- NFL: http://www.nfl.com/news
- CBS: Player news https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/news/all/
- NBC Sports Rumor-–Pro Football Talk: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
Knowing what is going on in the NFL is important to us, especially from now through the end of the season. We always must have an edge against our opponents. I suggest that you bookmark these links and others within this article. That way you will have everything you need to do a status update anytime you want to.
Fantasy leagues—available leagues to join and playing platforms:
- NFL: http://fantasy.nfl.com/?icampaign=fty-nav-hp
- ESPN: http://games.espn.com/ffl/welcome?addata=2018_FFL_web_fantasy_pillar
- CBS: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/draft-prep/
- Yahoo: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup
- MFL: http://home.myfantasyleague.com/ $$$
- MFL 10’s: https://mfl10s.sportshubtech.com/ $$$
These game sites and league management platforms offer you an opportunity to have custom leagues for you and your friends, as well as an opportunity to join leagues comprised of people who sign up to play, just like yourselves.
MFL is a popular league platform system that is not free. It is available for just a few $$$ per team. MFL 10’s are not free but are relatively inexpensive. You can draft and play, with top teams winning some money.
Mock draft sites:
- ESPN: http://games.espn.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby
- MFL: http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/mockdrafts/public.php
Personally, I am not a big mock draft fan, yet, I know that many of you are. These two sites give you an opportunity to mock and they are free.
Key fantasy football information:
- ESPN-stats: http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics
- NFL-injuries: http://www.nfl.com/injuries
- NFL-transactions: http://www.nfl.com/transactions
- NFL-inactives: http://www.nfl.com/inactives
- CBS-player rankings: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/rankings/
Every week during the season we have questions about some of the things above. There are many fine rankings sources and I suggest you find one that you can trust and rely on. I have included one from CBS, but believe me, there are very, very many more.
Other information sources:
- ESPN NFL Standings: http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings
- ESPN NFL draft information: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/news
- Free Depth Charts: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/depthchart.php
- Pro football reference: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/
I love this depth chart link! It is free and is usually very up to date. So many depth chart links lead us to outdated information that may totally lead us astray.
When it comes to references about our great fantasy football game, we all develop our favorite sources over the years. What I have tried to do here is give you a sampling of some information sites that can help you stay one step ahead of your opponents.
With taking less than an hour of your time, you can bookmark the above links in whatever manner you want. With all this information at your fingertips, you should be able to resolve just about any fantasy football question you may have. This is a preparation method that will help you win your championship that you want so badly. Let’s work together and make it happen.
Players have begun to report to the training camps. The fantasy football season is now underway. Buckle up for the journey. My colleagues and I at Big Guy Fantasy Sports are intent on helping you become the champion you want to be. With our poignant articles and being the home base for the consistency theory, a sound mathematically-based alternative to ADP, we will be with you for the 2018 season in its entirety. What happens then? That my friends, is easy. We start over and do it all again in 2019!
Good luck! Have fun!